Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a
POSTDOC POSITION in the field of international security
This international security researcher will strengthen the scientific capacity of the Faculty of Social Studies through her/his membership of the scientific team. The researcher will be a member of at least one of the following scientific teams focused on:
- research into terrorism,
- research into energy security,
- research into transnational networks of political radicalism,
- research into information warfare,
- research into regional security complexes, and
- research into nuclear security.
The researcher will become a team member of two workplaces: 1) The International Institute of Political Science at the Faculty of Social Studies, and 2) The Department of Political Science at the Faculty of Social Studies. Both institutions are leading political science workplaces in the Czech Republic.
The successful candidate should:
- Be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years.
- Be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad.
- Have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- Have experience in the field of international security.
- Have experience with research projects (an advantage).
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of work experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.,
- a Cover Letter,
- contact information for at least three referees.
MU offers the opportunity to gain:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for two years
- a professional team and a pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from March 2018.
The submission date is 28 January 2018.
Please submit your application (or an informal enquiry) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
Brno is available at http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617